SOCA Consultancy, previously known, Somali Consultant Association (SOCA) was formed in 2004 by group of consultants with the help of OXFAM NOVIB through the Strengthen of Civil Society Organizations in Somalia (SOCSIS) funded by European Union (EU). SOCA was the first of its kind as a consultancy firm established in Somalia with large geographical and sectoral range. It has three main operational offices in South-central, Somaliland and Puntland regions. Also SOCA has pool of consultant members. Our main purpose is to enable local civil societies and business organizations to reach their ultimate goals through consultancy and professionals to explore and utilize their knowledge and help their community to develop sound projects that can ensure long-term benefits to the Somali people.
SOCA is currently working with USADF as a third part monitoring & evaluation, financial management and capacity building for 13 Grantees in Somalia including Somaliland, Puntland & South and central regions.
SOCA had partnership with to the following international and UN agencies: USADF, Oxfam Novib, COSV, SAFERWORLD, UNHABITAT, UNICEF, UNDP, Banadir Regional Administration (BRA), Brothers Relieve and Development Organisation (BRADO), Somali innovation and development organisation (SIDO), SAFA group of companies and Centre for Education and Development (CED). SOCA has implemented different level of consultancy activities in the following areas throughout Somalia more specifically in south central (lower Juba, Middle Juba, lower Shebelle, Middle Shabelle, Hiran, Bay, and Bakol, Gedo, Galgudud and South Mudug regions). In Puntland Bari, Nugal and north Mudug. In Somaliland Hergeisa, Sahil, Togdher and Awdal regions.
SOCA Consultancy offers expertise in all areas of internal systems policies and procedures (ISPP), need assessment, baseline survey, emergency preparedness and response, contingency planning, monitoring & evaluation, financial management, project management, strategic planning and business planning. The firm has a solid and loyal customer base in a market that has experienced constant but slowing growth in recent years. The entity must diversify our revenue base to realize ongoing growth and stability in a changing industry.
SOCA Consultancy provides tangible and intangible value. Our objective is to enhance the capacity of our clients and adhere to all over the target beneficiaries. The bigger picture means that we are providing peace of mind for our clients – they are legally using their financial resources in the most productive manner possible. SOCA consultancy works to make the complex understandable among clients.
SOCA has assessed, monitored, evaluated and supported capacity of over 100 local NGOs. In addition, SOCA has assisted local municipalities in Garowe, Puntanld that constructed the main market in Gorowe and provided leadership trainings to the Hergeisa, Togdheer municipality. At the same time community level leadership capacity have been enhanced and trained the traditional elders in conflict management in Hiiraan, Lower Juba, Middle Juba and Bay in collaboration with UNHABITAT and Oxfam Novib.
SOCA desires to become premium world class consultancy service provider based in Somalia
Contributed capacity improvement for public & private institutions with other service providers in partnership with other key stakeholders.
Somali Consultants Association (SOCA) is committed to provide a meaningful contribution to Somali community towards suitable guidance that improves the quality of the Somali public and private institutions through organizational development & consultancy services.
- To enhance the capacity of public and private institutions through consultancy service.
- To conduct research and feasibility studies for organization developments, programme design & community development programs to provide need based priorities to prospective decision makers and donors.
- To conduct training programs to improve the qualities of business & service providers; and Somali Civil Society Organizations in Somalia.
- To create job opportunities for its member consultants as well as other resource people.
- Quality Services:SOCA services exceed customer expectations whilst remaining economically competitive.
- Credibility and Integrity: The quality of being trusted, honest and having strong moral.
- Commitment: The state of being dedicated to provide quality services that leads to customer satisfaction.
- Responsibility: The fact of being responsible, answerable, or accountable for the provided services.
- Neutrality: SOCA consultancy respects humanitarian principles of being neutral and impartial.